Saturday, September 11, 2010

I'm losing track of time...

Man, I have never use to lose track of time like this. It must be because I'm a mom. Weekdays and weekends don't mean anything to me, they are all the same days. Don't get me wrong, I love being a mommy and being with Brix, I'm just saying that the days just mesh together sometimes.
I've been working hard on trying to get my "inventory" ready for the Barn Boutique, it doesn't work well when Brix is awake. He likes to have someone to play with, maybe I need to do more play dates?? He loves my sewing machine too, none of his toys mean anything to him when I get it out. So I try to work during his 1-1.5 hours of nap time. Lol needless to say I don't get much done. :)
Last week for Labor Day we had Grandma & Grandpa Thompson out! I know they love seeing us and of course baby Brix but I just feel for them when they have to drive that far! It was a good weekend, Colby had a 96, he went golfing with his dad and Chris and Brix and I went shopping in Rancho Mirage. For Brix of course! Grandma and mommy love to spoil Brix!! I got essentials this time though, no toys, just new shoes and a very small portion of chilly clothes. Right now it's still 90 and sunny so we don't need winter clothes just yet. While we were down the hill, Colby and his dad put the "big boy" side rail for Brixton's bed. Transforming it from a crib to a toddler bed, we modified it though. We didn't use the typical white mesh side rail for Wal-Mart, we went vintage. With a 1/2 rod iron railing that matches his bed perfectly, Colby and his dad just painted some wood to match and help attach it to the bed.
I'm really proud of Colby because he came up with the idea, he brought the railing home and put it all together with his dad! Yahoo for Daddy's!!

1 comment:

  1. I love that bed! It is so cute and love that it goes from crib to toddler bed. We loved visiting and would come every weekend if the drive wasn't so long. We have it down from 10 to 8 hours so maybe we can come more often.

    ReplyDelete